Friday, June 18, 2004

SLASH'S GUITAR...

Many, many, many years ago, in a Time far and away, My sister and I developed a strong friendship and love for rock n roll music. We were both HUGE Guns-N-Roses fans. We had the words to every song memorized and every move Axl made in the Patience and Sweet Child O'Mine video. Hope was especialy good at Axl's signature Snake move. One night, she and I were at a local hang out for kids in our area. It was a place to play pool, listen to music and of course veg out on burgers, fries, pizza, nachos... etc... etc... Anyway, we were sitting in a booth minding our own "biddness" when these two really "gross" older guys sat down with us and actually began flirting. It was sad, and can we say umm we were most definitely "jail bait"... We were trying to be nice and polite and not make a scene, but we could not get these guys to leave us alone. So out of no where, I said."Hey... Hope did I show you the postcard I got from George the other day?" My sister, not missing a beat says... "Umm no, where is he THIS time?"

ME: You are not going to believe this....

Her: ahh come on just tell me...

ME: You will just die....

HER: Will you tell me already...

Me: He is in California living in Slash's Guitar...

HER: That bugger he always said he was gonna do it!!! WOW awesome.. you gotta tell me everything...

TWO REALLY OLDER GROSS DUDES LOOK AT EACH OTHER AND LOOK AT US AND GO... UMM WHO'S GEORGE???

Without missing a beat and in complete unison, we said and I quote...."He's our imaginary friend from the Sixties and constantly fried"

Needless to say the guys thought we were too weird for them as I continued to give Hope all the glorious details of George's trip across America and finally making it to Slash's Guitar and the Jam sessions and parties he had been to.

That night she and I were so in tune with each other and we used this many times to make people laugh and the stories got wilder and wilder as time went on...

I wonder what George is doing now??????

No comments: