Sunday, June 06, 2004

Poems, Poems, and More Poems...

I wrote these during the time I was alone during the seperation and subsequent divorce...

Loneliness is the destiny of fools,
Who love too much too often.

Glowing red sky at dusk
I feel the earth’s soft sigh
Gently laying its head to rest
Ending day and greeting Night.

Another day left in the void
Of menial task, passing minutes
Building the passage to a black,
Numbed existence.

Closing my eyes
The world outside slows
To a meandering canter
And my mind awakens.

A nightly journey within
The cobwebbed corners of
My mind, to dreams not yet real.

A thousand fairy tales told
A thousand love’s forsaken.
Tears of solitary reign spilling
Forth in this lonely darkened room

Renee H.


Barren and desolate
The winter moon reigns,
Dormant beneath frozen tundra,
Lying in wait
Imps and elfins slumber,
Restoring mystical powers
Of seduction, of lust.
Night blooming orchids of spring,
Await the return of their Queen,
Dreams of love and oneness
Ripple through their minds...
Hoping the search for her Adonis
Ending and the Reign of Bliss beginning.
Renee H.
Part II of the Goddess Poems...

Mantra Of A Goddess


Listless and free as a stormy nights breeze...
Dark and mysterious as the clouds drifting...
Magical and mystical as midnight's sky....
Bright and bold as the winter moonshine...
Carefree and light as a new lover's kiss...

Such is me on a night such as this...

Thunder, Lightening, wind and rain
Reveal traits buried within me....
My soul yearning to be free on a cloud so high.
Come dance with me in this realm.
Come set me free.

Renee H. Part III of the Goddess poems.

Rage In The Night

Loneliness consumes me
As completely as an encroaching
Storm consumes the night
Sky with ominous blackness.
Furious boiling, churning clouds
Hunt the silvery light of the moon,
Blanketing nature's light to feed the
Oppressing storm of despair.
An airless void between the heaven's
And Earth, crashes with waves of thunder
Taunting me with magnetic lightning,
Reverberating with intent to coerce
My subconscious to the surface
Forcing me to remember.
Hypnotic and alluring patterns of
Electricity violates the darkness.
Drawing me closer to the edge of
Eternal madness and suffocating pain.
Each bolt of radiant light herald's
Transparent apparitions of the paper garden
In which I inhabited with another
Not so long ago.
Mounting winds tear at my hair and clothes
Icy rain drops slash at my face as hard
And as frantic as a psychotic lover's
Blade across silken porcelain flesh.
Drenched with natures torment, Timidly
I embrace the savage fury of the storm
Releasing bound torments, frustrations and shame
I raise my head toward the cold glimmer of
Flashing light and scream for Mercy upon my soul.


Renee H.


Dancing on Moon Shadows

Shadows silhouetted across
A golden mane of sea grass,
Brown and brittle from winter's
Unmerciful toil.

Moonlight bathes the night
With a white luminescent glow
Giving depth to a mystical
Secret realm…

The Infinite blackness of the
Ocean alludes to no horizon.
Waves gently caress the shore,
Surging and receding,

Pungent odor of salty sea life mingles with
Smoke from a fire, dancing lazily,
Like a mournful ghost
Upward, merging with the stars.

The cold dampness of the sand
Penetrates my skin as I lay here
Drifting to thoughts of you...
Unknown to me in the flesh,

I feel your spirit, there, each night,
Dancing on moon shadows and
My longing grows for you as deep
And as strong as the ocean before me,

As the water caresses the shore,
I long to caress you, as the waves
Take hold of the shore, pulling bits
Of Sand unto its breast, I long to
Pull your heart and soul unto me
As slowly and tenderly as the water's kiss.

Renee Mayo


No comments: